Created 2018 General Session
(1) The board shall consist of 11 members as provided in Subsection (2).
(2) (a) The president of the Senate shall appoint two members of the Senate to serve as members of the board.
(b) The speaker of the House of Representatives shall appoint two members of the House of Representatives to serve as members of the board.
(c) The governor shall appoint four individuals to serve as members of the board:
(i) one of whom shall be a member of the board of or employed by the Governor's Office of Economic Development, created in Section 63N-1-201; and
(ii) one of whom shall be an employee of the Division of Facilities Construction and Management, created in Section 63A-5-201.
(d) The Salt Lake County mayor shall appoint one board member, who shall be an elected Salt Lake County government official.
(e) The mayor of Draper, or a member of the Draper city council that the mayor designates, shall serve as a board member.
(f) The commissioner of higher education, appointed under Section 53B-1-105, or the commissioner's designee, shall serve as a board member.
(3) (a) (i) Subject to Subsection (3)(a)(ii), a vacancy on the board shall be filled in the same manner under this section as the appointment of the member whose vacancy is being filled.
(ii) If the mayor of Draper or commissioner of higher education is removed as a board member under Subsection (5), the mayor of Draper or commissioner of higher education, as the case may be, shall designate an individual to serve as a member of the board, as provided in Subsection (2)(e) or (f), respectively.
(b) Each person appointed or designated to fill a vacancy shall serve the remaining unexpired term of the member whose vacancy the person is filling.
(4) A member of the board appointed by the governor, president of the Senate, or speaker of the House of Representatives serves at the pleasure of and may be removed and replaced at any time, with or without cause, by the governor, president of the Senate, or speaker of the House of Representatives, respectively.
(5) A member of the board may be removed by a vote of two-thirds of all members of the board.
(6) (a) The governor shall appoint one board member to serve as cochair of the board.
(b) The president of the Senate and speaker of the House of Representatives shall jointly appoint one legislative member of the board to serve as cochair of the board.
11-59-303. Term of board members -- Quorum requirements -- Compensation.
(1) The term of each board member appointed under Subsection 11-59-302(2)(a), (b), (c), or (d) is four years, except that the initial term of half of the members appointed under Subsections 11-59-302(2)(a), (b), and (c) is two years.
(2) Each board member shall serve until a successor is duly appointed and qualified.
(3) A majority of board members constitutes a quorum, and, except as provided in Subsection 11-59-302(5), the action of a majority of a quorum constitutes the action of the board.
(a) A board member who is not a legislator may not receive compensation or benefits for the member's service on the board, but may receive per diem and expense reimbursement for travel expenses incurred as a board member as allowed in:
(i) Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107; and
(ii) rules made by the Division of Finance according to Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107.
(b) Compensation and expenses of a board member who is a legislator are governed by Section 36-2-2 and Legislative Joint Rules, Title 5, Chapter 3, Legislator Compensation.
|Board member||Type||Qualification||Original Appointment||Current Appointment||Expiration|
|Cooper, April||Member||Appointed by the Governor||5/8/2018||05/08/2020||5/8/2024|
|Cox, Spencer J.||Chair||Appointed by the Governor||5/8/2018||05/08/2020||5/8/2024|
|Fillmore, Lincoln||Member||Appointed by the President of the Senate||5/8/2018||05/08/2020||5/8/2024|
|Hale, Val||Member||Appointed by the Governor, Governor's Office of Economic Development representative||5/8/2018||05/08/2018||5/8/2022|
|Handy, Stephen G.||Member||Appointed by Speaker of the House||5/8/2018||05/08/2018||5/8/2022|
|Ramsey, Dawn R.||Member||Elected official appointed by the Salt Lake County Mayor||6/15/2018||06/15/2018||6/15/2022|
|Russell, Jim||Member||Appointed by the Governor, Director of the Division of Facilities Construction and Management||5/8/2018||05/08/2018||5/8/2022|
|Snow, Lowry||Chair||Appointed by Speaker of the House||5/8/2020||05/08/2020||5/8/2024|
|Stevenson, Jerry W.||Member||Appointed by the President of the Senate||5/8/2018||05/08/2018||5/8/2022|
|Walker, Troy||Member||Mayor of Draper||5/8/2018||05/08/2018||5/8/2022|
|Woolstenhulme, Dave||Member||Commissioner of Higher Education||8/1/2019||08/01/2019||5/8/2022|