Amended 2019 General Session
(1) There is created within the Department of Transportation a Passenger Ropeway Safety Committee.
(2) The committee is comprised of six appointive members and one ex officio member who shall be appointed by the executive director of the Department of Transportation.
(3) The appointive members shall be appointed by the governor from persons representing the following interests:
(a) two members to represent the industry;
(b) two members to represent the public at large;
(c) one member who is a licensed engineer in Utah; and
(d) one member to represent the United States Forest Service.
(4) (a) Except as required by Subsection (4)(b), as terms of committee members expire, the governor shall appoint each new member or reappointed member to a four-year term.
(b) Notwithstanding the requirements of Subsection (4)(a), the governor shall, at the time of appointment or reappointment, adjust the length of terms to ensure that the terms of committee members are staggered so that approximately half of the committee is appointed every two years.
(c) The governor may not consider or seek to discover the political affiliation of a person when considering the person for appointment or reappointment to the committee.
(5) The governor, in making the appointments, shall request and consider recommendations made to him by:
(a) the membership of the particular interest from which the appointments are to be made; and
(b) the Department of Transportation.
|Board member||Type||Qualification||Original Appointment||Current Appointment||Expiration|
|Member||(b) Public Member||N/A||8/1/2022|
|Christiansen, Haydon C.||Member||(b) Public Member||5/1/2017||05/01/2017||5/1/2021|
|Miles, Robert||Ex-Officio||Appointed by Executive Director of UDOT||4/11/2015||04/11/2015||N/A|
|Oberlander, Russell K.||Member||(c) Licensed Engineer||7/1/2018||07/01/2018||7/1/2022|
|Panter, Curt||Member||(d) Forest Service representative||2/1/2000||06/01/2012||N/A|
|Taxwood, Richard H.||Member||(a) Industry Representative||2/1/2017||02/01/2017||2/1/2020|
|West, Jeff N.||Member||(a) Industry Representative||7/1/2018||07/01/2018||7/1/2022|