Amended 2016 General Session
(1) There is created within the division the Utah Fire Prevention Board.
(2) The board shall be nonpartisan and be composed of 11 members appointed by the governor as follows:
(a) a licensed architect;
(b) a licensed engineer;
(c) a member of the Utah State Firemen's Association;
(d) the state forester or the state forester's designee;
(e) a member of the Utah State Fire Chiefs Association;
(f) a member of the Utah Fire Marshal's Association;
(g) a building inspector;
(h) a citizen appointed at large;
(i) a fire executive appointed from a full-time fire department in a county of the first class;
(j) a fire executive appointed from a full-time fire department in a county of the second class; and
(k) a fire executive appointed from a fire department in a county of the third, fourth, fifth, or sixth class.
(a) Except as required by Subsection (3)(b), as terms of current board members expire, the governor shall appoint each new member or reappointed member to a four-year term.
(b) Notwithstanding the requirements of Subsection (3)(a), the governor shall, at the time of appointment or reappointment, adjust the length of terms to ensure that the terms of board members are staggered so that approximately half of the board is appointed every two years.
(4) When a vacancy occurs in the membership for any reason, the replacement shall be appointed for the unexpired term.
(5) A member whose term has expired may continue to serve until a replacement is appointed pursuant to Subsection (3).
(6) The board shall select from its members a chair and other officers as the board finds necessary.
(7) A majority of the members of the board is a quorum.
(8) The board shall hold regular semiannual meetings for the transaction of its business at a time and place to be fixed by the board and shall hold other meetings as necessary for proper transaction of business.
(9) A member may not receive compensation or benefits for the member's service, but may receive per diem and travel expenses in accordance with:
(a) Section 63A-3-106;
(b) Section 63A-3-107; and
(c) rules made by the Division of Finance pursuant to Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107.
(10) The division shall implement rules made by the board under Section 53-7-503 and perform all other duties delegated by the board.
|Board member||Type||Qualification||Original Appointment||Current Appointment||Expiration|
|Cottam, Brian||Member||(e) State Forester||3/1/2014||03/01/2014||N/A|
|Dawson, Chris||Member||(g) Representing the Utah State Fire Chiefs Association||3/4/2020||03/04/2020||3/4/2024|
|Decker, Joseph M.||Member||(m) a fire executive appointed from a fire department in a county of the third, fourth, fifth, or sixth class||3/4/2020||03/04/2020||3/4/2024|
|Humphreys, Craig R.||Member||(h) Representing the Utah State Fire Marshals Association||11/1/2013||11/01/2017||11/1/2021|
|Kimball, Chris S.||Chair||(c) licensed engineer||3/4/2020||03/04/2020||3/4/2024|
|Larson, Jared A.||Member||(b) licensed architect||10/1/2014||10/01/2018||10/1/2022|
|Maxfield, Derek J.||Member||(k) a fire executive appointed from a full-time fire department in a county of the first class||3/1/2020||03/01/2020||3/1/2024|
|Olsen, David C.||Member||(l) a fire executive appointed from a full-time fire department in a county of the second class||10/1/2015||10/01/2019||10/1/2023|
|Park, Frank J.||Member||(j) citizen at large||5/1/2015||05/01/2019||5/1/2023|
|Phillips, Michael A.||Member||(d) Representing the Utah State Firemen's Association||10/1/2014||10/01/2018||10/1/2022|
|Tomasino, Patrick||Member||(i) building inspector||3/4/2020||03/04/2020||3/4/2024|