Amended during 2013 General Session
(1) There is created an independent body politic and corporate known as the 'Utah State Railroad Museum Authority,' hereafter referred to in this chapter as 'the authority.'
(2) The authority is composed of 12 members as follows:
(a) one member of the county legislative body of Weber County appointed by that legislative body;
(b) one member of the county legislative body of Box Elder County appointed by that legislative body;
(c) one member of the city legislative body of Ogden City appointed by that legislative body;
(d) the executive director of the Department of Transportation or the director's designee; and
(e) eight public members appointed by the governor, as follows:
(i) two individuals representing the tourism industry, one each from Weber and Box Elder Counties;
(ii) one individual representing the public at large; and
(iii) five individuals representing railroad historic and heritage preservation organizations active in Weber and Box Elder Counties, as follows:
(A) one individual representing the Railroad and Locomotive Historical Society Golden Spike Chapter;
(B) one individual representing the Golden Spike Heritage Foundation;
(C) one individual representing the Golden Spike Association; and
(D) two individuals representing the Corinne Historical Society and the Ogden Union Station.
(3) All members shall be residents of the state.
(4) (a) Except as required by Subsection (4)(b), the governor shall appoint the seven public members for four-year terms beginning July 1.
(b) Notwithstanding the requirements of Subsection (4)(a), the governor shall, at the time of appointment or reappointment, adjust the length of terms to ensure that the terms of authority members appointed under Subsection (2)(e) are staggered so that approximately one-half of the seven public members are appointed every two years.
(5) Any of the eight public members may be removed from office by the governor or for cause by an affirmative vote of seven members of the authority.
(6) When a vacancy occurs in the public membership for any reason, the governor shall appoint a replacement for the unexpired term.
(7) Each public member shall hold office for the term of the member's appointment and until a successor has been appointed and qualified.
(8) A public member is eligible for reappointment, but may not serve more than two full consecutive terms.
(9) The governor shall appoint the chair of the authority from among its members.
(10) (a) The members shall elect from among their membership a vice chair and other officers as they may determine.
(b) The officers serve as the executive committee for the authority.
(11) The powers of the authority are vested in its members.
(12) (a) Seven members constitute a quorum for transaction of authority business.
(b) An affirmative vote of at least seven members is necessary for an action to be taken by the authority.
|Board member||Type||Qualification||Original Appointment||Current Appointment||Expiration|
|Adams, LuAnn||Member||(b2) County Legislative Member appointed by Box Elder County||7/1/2012||07/01/2012||N/A|
|Bell, Matthew G.||Member||(a) County Legislative Member appointed by Weber County||1/1/2015||01/01/2015||N/A|
|Crane, Robert L.||Member||(ii) Public Member appointed by the Governor||8/1/2012||08/01/2012||N/A|
|Doehring, Frederick K.||Member||(c) UDOT Director or Designee||11/16/2017||11/16/2017||N/A|
|Hammer, Joan||Member||(i2) Tourism Representative from Box Elder Co. appointed by Governor||7/1/2012||07/01/2012||N/A|
|Jones, Steven E.||Member||9/1/2012||09/01/2012||N/A|
|Mcdonald, Jack||Member||(B) Golden Spike Heritage Foundation Representative appointed by Governor||7/1/2012||07/01/2012||N/A|
|Nelson, Norman||Chair||(C) Golden Spike Association Representative appointed by Governor||7/1/2012||07/01/2012||N/A|
|Secrist, Lee K.||Member||(A) Railroad & Locomotive Historical Society Golden Spike Chapter representative appointed by Governor||9/1/2012||09/01/2012||N/A|
|Shaffer, Brian K.||Member||(b2) County Legislative Member appointed by Box Elder County||7/1/2012||07/01/2012||N/A|
|Toliver, Sara V.||Member||(i1) Tourism Representative from Weber Co. appointed by Governor||7/1/2012||07/01/2012||N/A|