Amended 2020 General Session
(1) There is created within the division the Utah Arts Advisory Board.
(a) Except as provided in Subsections (2)(b) and (2)(f), the arts board shall consist of 13 members appointed by the governor to four-year terms with the consent of the Senate.
(b) The governor shall, at the time of appointment or reappointment, adjust the length of terms to ensure that the terms of arts board members are staggered so that approximately half of the arts board is appointed every two years.
(c) The governor shall appoint eight members who are working artists or administrators, one from each of the following areas:
(i) visual arts;
(ii) architecture or design;
(v) folk, traditional, or native arts;
(vii) dance; and
(viii) media arts.
(d) The governor shall appoint three members who are knowledgeable in or appreciative of the arts.
(e) The governor shall appoint two members who have expertise in technology, marketing, business, or finance.
(f) Before January 1, 2026, the governor may appoint up to three additional members who are knowledgeable in or appreciative of the arts:
(i) for terms that shall end before January 1, 2026; and
(ii) in which case the arts board may consist of up to 16 members until January 1, 2026.
(3) The governor shall appoint members from the state at large with due consideration for geographical representation.
(4) When a vacancy occurs in the membership for any reason, the governor shall appoint a replacement member for the unexpired term within one month from the time of the vacancy.
(5) A simple majority of the voting members of the arts board constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(a) The arts board members shall elect a chair and a vice chair from among the arts board's members.
(b) The chair and the vice chair shall serve a term of two years.
(7) The arts board shall meet at least once each year.
(8) A member of the arts board may not receive compensation or benefits for the member's service, but may receive per diem and travel expenses in accordance with:
(a) Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107; and
(b) rules made by the Division of Finance pursuant to Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107.
(9) Except as provided in Subsection (8), a member may not receive any gifts, prizes, or awards of money from division funds during the member's term of office.
|Board member||Type||Qualification||Original Appointment||Current Appointment||Expiration|
|Arnett, Lisa||Member||(b) Architect||2/23/2017||02/23/2017||6/30/2021|
|Davis, Jansen N.||Chair||(g) Theater Arts Representative||12/1/2015||07/01/2019||6/30/2023|
|Gochnour, Caitlin||Member||Community Representative - Ogden||6/1/2014||07/01/2016||6/30/2020|
|Jacobs, Johann||Member||(h) Dance Representative||7/1/2017||07/01/2017||6/30/2021|
|Jorgensen, Amy||Member||(a) Visual Arts||2/23/2017||02/23/2017||6/30/2021|
|Kawashima, Kimi P.||Member||(d) Music Representative||7/1/2019||07/01/2019||6/30/2023|
|Prokop, Heidi||Member||Community Representative - Salt Lake City||1/13/2016||07/01/2017||6/30/2021|
|Romney, Clive||Member||(f) Folklore and Folk Arts Representative||8/15/2012||07/01/2016||6/30/2020|
|Sorenson, Krista||Member||Community Representative||7/13/2016||07/13/2016||6/30/2020|
|Transfield, Leroy G.||Member||(e) Sculptor||2/5/2019||02/05/2019||6/30/2023|
|Verdoia, Ken||Member||(i) Media Arts||9/18/2013||07/01/2017||6/30/2021|
|Wilson, Jeni C.||Member||Community Representative||7/1/2018||07/01/2018||6/30/2022|
|Young, Natalie||Member||(c) Literacy Representative||12/20/2017||12/20/2017||6/30/2021|