Amended General Session 2019
(1) There is created within the department the State Library Board.
(a) The board shall consist of nine members appointed by the governor.
(b) One member shall be appointed on recommendation from each of the following:
(i) the State Board of Education; and
(ii) the Utah System of Higher Education.
(c) Of the seven remaining members at least two shall be appointed from rural areas.
(a) Except as required by Subsection (3)(b), as terms of current board members expire, the governor shall appoint each new member or reappointed member to a four-year term.
(b) The governor shall, at the time of appointment or reappointment, adjust the length of terms to ensure that the terms of board members are staggered so that approximately half of the board is appointed every two years.
(4) The members may not serve more than two full consecutive terms.
(5) When a vacancy occurs in the membership for any reason, the replacement shall be appointed for the unexpired term in the same manner as originally appointed.
(6) A simple majority of the members of the board constitutes a quorum for conducting board business.
(7) The governor shall select one of the board members as chair who shall serve for a period of two years.
(8) The director of the State Library Division is the executive officer of the board.
(9) A member may not receive compensation or benefits for the member's service, but may receive per diem and travel expenses in accordance with:
(a) Section 63A-3-106;
(b) Section 63A-3-107; and
(c) rules made by the Division of Finance pursuant to Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107.
|Board member||Type||Qualification||Original Appointment||Current Appointment||Expiration|
|Acosta, Grace||Member||Public Board Member||2/17/2012||07/01/2017||6/30/2021|
|Aldrich, Dianne M.||Member||Public Board Member||8/15/2019||08/15/2019||6/30/2023|
|Carter, Diane||Member||State Law Library||8/15/2019||08/15/2019||6/30/2023|
|Cornelius, Jason E.||Member||Public Board Member||8/15/2019||08/15/2019||6/30/2023|
|Eggett, Colleen||Member||State Librarian/Division Director||3/5/2018||03/05/2018||N/A|
|Engel, Melissa||Member||State Office of Education Representative||8/15/2019||08/15/2019||6/30/2021|
|Fields, Linda J.||Member||Public Board Member||7/1/2016||07/01/2016||6/30/2020|
|Mower, Marguerite L.||Chair||Public Board Member||9/10/2018||09/10/2018||6/30/2022|
|Ord, Lisa M.||Member||Public Board Member||9/10/2018||09/10/2018||6/30/2022|
|Ostler, Jon C.||Member||Higher Education Representative||8/1/2014||07/01/2017||6/30/2021|