Amended by 2020 General Session
(1) There is created within the division the Utah Museums Advisory Board.
(a) Except as provided in Subsection (2)(b), the museums board shall consist of 11 members appointed by the governor to four-year terms.
(b) The governor shall, at the time of appointment or reappointment, adjust the length of terms to ensure that the terms of museums board members are staggered so that approximately half of the museums board is appointed every two years.
(3) The governor shall ensure that the museums board includes:
(a) three members who are qualified, trained, and experienced museum professionals, have a minimum of five years continuous paid work experience at a museum, and are selected from among recommendations proposed by the Utah Museums Association;
(b) at least three additional members who are qualified, trained, and experienced museum professionals; and
(c) remaining members who have demonstrated an active interest in Utah's museums.
(4) The governor shall appoint members from the state at large with due consideration for geographical representation.
(5) When a vacancy occurs in the membership for any reason, the governor shall appoint a replacement member for the unexpired term within one month from the time of the vacancy.
(6) A member of the museums board may only be reappointed for one additional term unless the governor determines that unusual circumstances warrant an additional term.
(a) The museums board members shall elect a chair and a vice chair from among the museums board's members.
(b) The chair and the vice chair shall serve a term of two years.
(8) A simple majority of the voting members of the museums board constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(9) The museums board shall meet at least once each year.
(10) A member of the museums board may not receive compensation or benefits for the member's service, but may receive per diem and travel expenses in accordance with:
(a) Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107; and
(b) rules made by the Division of Finance pursuant to Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107.
(11) Except as provided in Subsection (10), a member may not receive a gift, prize, or award of money from division funds during the member's term of office.
|Board member||Type||Qualification||Original Appointment||Current Appointment||Expiration|
|Azevedo, Diana M.||Member||Museum Professional||9/12/2017||09/12/2017||9/12/2021|
|Bourdeaux, Nichol||Member||Public at large||7/1/2019||07/01/2019||6/30/2023|
|Camp, Carl D.||Member||Museum Professional||7/1/2015||07/01/2019||6/30/2023|
|Farling, Jessica||Member||Musuem Professional||7/1/2020||07/01/2020||6/30/2024|
|Glenn, Timothy A.||Member||Museum Professional||2/1/2017||02/01/2017||1/31/2021|
|Gosdis, Shane||Member||Public at large||9/1/2013||07/01/2017||6/30/2021|
|Johnson, Sharon S.||Member||Museum Professional||9/12/2017||09/12/2017||6/30/2020|
|Litvack, Erin G.||Member||Public at large||2/1/2017||07/01/2017||6/30/2021|
|Stevenson, Susan||Member||Public at large||9/12/2017||09/12/2017||9/12/2021|
|Washburn, Mike L.||Vice-chair||Public at large||2/1/2017||02/01/2017||1/31/2021|
|Wright, Rita R.||Chair||Museum Professional||7/1/2015||07/01/2019||6/30/2023|