Amended by 2012 General Session
The Governor shall appoint 11 members:
(1) There is created the Museum Services Advisory Board.
(2) The advisory board shall consist of 11 members appointed by the governor.
(3) The governor shall ensure that the advisory board includes:
(a) at least six members who are qualified, trained, and experienced museum professionals, three of whom shall have a minimum of five years continuous paid work experience in a museum and be drawn from a list proposed by the Utah Museums Association;
(b) other persons with an interest in Utah's museums; and
(c) representation from throughout Utah.
(4) (a) Advisory board members shall be appointed for terms of four years except that three shall initially be appointed for two years, four for three years, and four for four years.
(b) The members serve until their successors are appointed and qualified.
(5) (a) The governor shall appoint the chair of the advisory board.
(b) The advisory board shall choose a vice chair from the advisory board's own members.
(c) Members may be reappointed for one additional term only, unless the governor determines that unusual circumstances warrant a further term.
(6) When a vacancy occurs in the membership for any reason, the replacement shall be appointed for the unexpired term.
(7) Six members of the board constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
(8) The advisory board shall meet at least once a year.
|Board member||Type||Qualification||Original Appointment||Current Appointment||Expiration|
|Barlow, R. Marie||Member||Public at large||11/1/2013||11/01/2013||6/30/2017|
|Camp, Carl D.||Member||Museum Professional||7/1/2015||07/01/2015||6/30/2019|
|Dietrich, Gretchen||Member||Museum Professional||9/1/2011||09/01/2013||6/30/2017|
|Glenn, Timothy A.||Member||Museum Professional||2/1/2017||02/01/2017||1/31/2021|
|Gosdis, Shane||Member||Public at large||9/1/2013||07/01/2017||6/30/2021|
|Law, Donna J.||Chair||Public at large||9/1/2015||09/01/2015||6/30/2019|
|Litvack, Erin G.||Member||Public at large||2/1/2017||07/01/2017||6/30/2021|
|Sanders, William V.||Member||Musuem Professional||9/1/2012||09/01/2016||6/30/2020|
|Sutton, Elizabeth A.||Member||Museum Professional||2/1/2016||02/01/2016||6/30/2020|
|Washburn, Mike L.||Vice-chair||Public at large||2/1/2017||02/01/2017||1/31/2021|
|Wright, Rita R.||Member||Museum Professional||7/1/2015||07/01/2015||6/30/2019|