2019 General Session
(1) There is created within the division the Utah Multicultural Commission.
(2) The commission shall consist of:
(a) the lieutenant governor, who shall serve as chair of the commission; and
(b) at least 14 additional members appointed by the governor to two-year terms.
(3) Notwithstanding the requirements of Subsection (2)(b), the governor shall at the time of appointment adjust the length of terms to ensure that the terms of commission members are staggered so that approximately half of the commission is appointed every two years.
(4) The commission shall meet at least six times per year.
(5) A majority of the members of the commission constitutes a quorum of the commission at any meeting, and the action of the majority of members present is the action of the commission.
(6) A member appointed by the governor may be reappointed for one or more additional terms.
(7) When a vacancy occurs in the membership, the governor shall appoint a replacement for the unexpired term.
(8) A member may not receive compensation or benefits for the member's service, but may receive per diem and travel expenses in accordance with:
(a) Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107; and
(b) rules made by the Division of Finance pursuant to Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107.
(9) The department shall make rules establishing the membership, duties, and procedures of the commission in accordance with the requirements of:
(a) this chapter; and
(b) Title 63G, Chapter 3, Utah Administrative Rulemaking Act.
(10) The department shall provide administrative support to the commission.
|Board member||Type||Qualification||Original Appointment||Current Appointment||Expiration|
|Anderson, Jess||Ex-Officio||Public Safety representative||10/17/2018||10/17/2018||N/A|
|Atkinson, Pamela J.||Member||Community-at-large||11/15/2011||11/15/2011||N/A|
|Babitz, Marc||Ex-Officio||Health Department representative||3/1/2015||03/01/2015||N/A|
|Barber, Jean||Ex-Officio||Human Resources Management representative||7/1/2013||07/01/2013||N/A|
|Camu, Emilio M.||Member||Community-at-large||2/1/2016||11/15/2017||11/15/2019|
|Cox, Spencer J.||Ex-Officio||Lt. Governor||10/16/2013||10/16/2013||N/A|
|Flygare, Jill||Ex-Officio||GOED Representative||6/17/2016||06/17/2016||N/A|
|Garciaz, Maria J.||Member||Community-at-large||2/1/2016||02/01/2016||11/1/2020|
|Haddon, Mike||Ex-Officio||Corrections Department representative||10/17/2018||10/17/2018||N/A|
|Hirabayashi, Dean I.||Member||Community-at-large||11/15/2012||11/15/2016||11/15/2019|
|Niang, Abdou W.||Member||Community-at-large||4/1/2016||04/01/2017||4/1/2020|
|Novilla, Len B.||Member||Community-at-large||11/15/2012||11/15/2016||11/15/2019|
|Nyawelo, Tino S.||Member||Community-at-large||2/1/2016||02/01/2016||11/1/2020|
|Peterson, Jeremy||Ex-Officio||Senate designee||7/1/2012||07/01/2012||N/A|
|Pierpont, Jon||Ex-Officio||Workforce Services Representative||3/1/2015||03/01/2015||N/A|
|Pyfer, Tami W.||Ex-Officio||Education Representative||3/1/2015||03/01/2015||N/A|
|Remington Love, Jill||Ex-Officio||Department of Heritage and Arts||12/13/2016||12/13/2016||N/A|
|Tsosie Jensen, Lillian V.||Member||Community at large||4/1/2017||04/01/2017||4/1/2020|
|Tuitupou, Lilieni M.||Member||Community-at-large||1/8/2019||01/08/2019||1/8/2022|
|Wang, Ming||Ex-Officio||Human Services representative||3/1/2016||03/01/2016||N/A|
|Xiao, Ze Min||Member||Community-at-large||2/1/2016||11/08/2017||11/8/2020|