Created 2015 General Session
(1) There is created within the division the Arts and Culture Business Alliance.
(2) (a) The alliance shall consist of seven members.
(b) The six members described in Subsections (2)(d) and (e) shall be appointed by the governor to four-year terms of office with the consent of the Senate.
(c) Notwithstanding the requirements of Subsection (2)(b), the governor shall, at the time of appointment or reappointment, adjust the length of terms to ensure that the terms of the members described in Subsections (2)(d) and (e) are staggered so that approximately half of the members are appointed every two years.
(d) Five members shall be citizens with an interest in supporting and advancing the arts and arts development in the state.
(e) One member shall have expertise in business or finance.
(f) One member is the executive director of the Department of Heritage and Arts, or the executive director's designee.
(3) When a vacancy occurs in the membership for any reason, the replacement shall be appointed for the unexpired term in the same manner as the original member.
(4) Four members of the board constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
(5) The governor shall annually select one of the board members as chair.
(6) Except for the executive director, a member may not receive compensation or benefits for the member's service, but may receive per diem and travel expenses in accordance with:
(a) Section 63A-3-106;
(b) Section 63A-3-107; and
(c) rules made by the Division of Finance in accordance with Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107.
(7) A member may not receive a gift, prize, or award of money from the division or the account.
|Board member||Type||Qualification||Original Appointment||Current Appointment||Expiration|
|Jessop, Craig||Member||citizen with an interest in supporting and advancing the arts and arts development in the state||3/1/2016||03/01/2016||12/31/2020|
|Price, Marcia P.||Member||citizen with an interest in supporting and advancing the arts and arts development in the state||3/1/2016||01/01/2019||12/31/2022|
|Stowell, Kelly||Member||citizen with an interest in supporting and advancing the arts and arts development in the state||3/1/2016||03/01/2016||12/31/2020|